“Raspberry Pi and PicoBricks: A Strong Partnership of Microcontrollers”
Raspberry Pi Pico is a microcontroller board produced by the Raspberry Pi Foundation. This board is specifically designed as a suitable platform for IoT devices, robots, and other embedded systems. In this article, I will provide a detailed overview of the technical specifications and applications of Raspberry Pi Pico.
1-Raspberry Pi Pico Technical Specifications:
Raspberry Pi Pico is a powerful microcontroller board that includes a range of technical features. These technical features are as follows:
· CPU: Arm Cortex-M0+ (48MHz)
· Memory: 264KB (internal)
· External Memory: microSD card (up to 16GB)
· Input/Output Pins: 26
· Analog Input: 3
· Digital Input/Output: 21
· I2C: 2
· SPI: 2
· UART: 2
· PWM Channels: 3
· ADC Resolution: 12-bit
· Power: 1.8V — 5.5V
· Dimensions: 51mm x 21mm x 8mm
The most important feature of Raspberry Pi Pico is its Arm Cortex-M0+ processor. This processor operates at a clock speed of 48MHz and uses 264KB of internal memory. For external memory, the board has a microSD card slot that supports up to 16GB of memory. There are 26 input/output pins, three of which are used for analog input. Additionally, there are 21 digital input/output pins, 2 I2C, 2 SPI, and 2 UART connections. There are also 3 PWM channels and 12-bit ADC resolution. It supports a power supply of 1.8V to 5.5V and has dimensions of 51mm x 21mm x 8mm.
2-Raspberry Pi Pico Applications:
Raspberry Pi Pico has multiple applications and can be used in various fields, especially embedded systems, robots, and IoT devices. Here are some of the applications of Raspberry Pi Pico:
· IoT Devices: Raspberry Pi Pico can be used as a microcontroller for IoT devices. This is ideal for smart home devices, smart agriculture systems, and other IoT devices.
· Robotics: Raspberry Pi Pico can be used in robotics projects. For example, it can be used in robotic arms, sensors, and other robotics projects.
· Embedded Systems: Raspberry Pi Pico can be used in many different embedded systems. It can be used in sensor nodes, industrial control systems, and other embedded systems.
“Small Bricks, Big Potential: What Sets PicoBricks Apart from LEGO?”
PicoBricks — Build, Run, Divide, Combine
1-PicoBricks: What it is, Its Applications, and Technical Specifications
PicoBricks is a construction kit and programming tool designed for small-sized buildable robots and other mechanical devices. In this article, we will provide more detailed information about what PicoBricks is, its applications, and technical specifications.
2-What is PicoBricks?
PicoBricks are a type of mini Lego blocks designed for building robotic projects. These blocks are presented with joints and connectors like other Lego-style blocks and allow users to bring their robotic ideas to life. Additionally, wireless coding can be easily done without breaking the block it is attached to, offering easy learning opportunities for someone new to robotic coding. If you are a Maker, you can customize your robotic project by breaking the blocks that PicoBricks are attached to. When the blocks are broken, they allow for producing 25 or more different projects thanks to the sensors on them. The purpose of the blocks is designed to enable making projects wirelessly. The blocks can be broken as desired. PicoBricks is a configurable robotic set composed of an Arduino-compatible microcontroller and modular components. This set is designed for students, teachers, and enthusiasts to develop programming, engineering, and robotics skills.
PicoBricks has a simple, modular, and flexible design. The set comprises various components, including motors, sensors, wheels, and other mechanical parts. PicoBricks enables the creation of various devices by combining these components.
3-Applications of PicoBricks
The applications of PicoBricks are quite broad. It is especially used in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) education and learning areas. PicoBricks is also a great option for individuals of any age to develop their robotics skills and make creative projects.
PicoBricks enables students to design, build, and program their robots and other mechanical devices. This helps to increase their interest in science and technology and encourages them to develop engineering and programming skills.
Additionally, the applications of PicoBricks include industrial and commercial applications. PicoBricks components can be used in the design and prototyping of industrial automation systems.
4-Technical Specifications of PicoBricks
PicoBricks is composed of an Arduino-compatible microcontroller and other components. Here are the technical specifications of PicoBricks:
• Screen: The screen can read values of humidity, temperature, and light, and can be customized according to your projects.
• Light sensor: This sensor measures the intensity of light around the robot and allows the robot to move based on the lighting conditions.
• Sound sensor: This sensor measures the surrounding sound levels and enables the robot to move in a noisy environment.
• Infrared sensor: This sensor enables the robot to recognize and track objects in front of it.
• Touch sensor: This sensor detects physical obstacles such as objects or walls that the robot needs to touch.
• Temperature sensor: This sensor measures the temperature around the robot and allows it to move in hot or cold environments.
• Potentiometer: It can be used to adjust the intensity of the light on it. When broken, it can be used compatible with personal projects.
• Humidity sensor: It is a sensor that detects the humidity in the environment and is integrated with the temperature sensor. Values can be learned from the screen on PicoBricks.
•Buzzer: It can receive sound output between 1–7k frequencies through its sound output.
Writer : Enes Aydin