A4988 stepper driver B - Clone Chip
The A4988 stepper motor driver is a versatile microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver from Allegro. The driver has current limiting, high current protection, and 5 different microstepping resolutions. It can operate between 8-35V and provides 2A current per coil. It is recommended to put fast diodes on the motor outputs to ensure smooth operation and protect the driver from external influences. This way, the reverse force from the motor will not cause any harm to the driver.
The driver requires a logic voltage source (3-5.5V) connected between the VDD and GND pins, and a motor power source (8-35V) connected between VMOT and GND. The decoupling capacitors for these sources must be appropriately located on the board, and the sources must be capable of transmitting the expected currents (up to a maximum of 4A for the power source).
If voltage is already present to the driver, do not test any wiring or motor connections. You may cause serious damage to the driver. Disconnect the power before making any changes to the motor connections, etc.
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Five different step resolutions: Full step, Half step, Quarter step, Eighth step and Sixteenth step
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which allows the stepper motor to use voltage above its rated voltage to achieve higher step rates.
- Intelligent changeover control automatically selects direct current deceleration mode. (fast deceleration or slow deceleration)
- It has over-temperature thermal shutdown, low-voltage and high-current protections.
- Short circuit protection is available.
Get More Informations About Product...